Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Game is underfoot... Huh?

So as we prepare to get on a plane to start our greatest adventure, the action has begun in SA!!

South Africa 1-1 Mexico

The home side (rightfully) scores the first goal of the tournament. The Host country put up a fight in the second half against a favorable Mexican side that could have taken all three points. Good start to 2010!



Uruguay 0-0 France

Great defensive clinic by Uruguay to frustrate a lackluster French team. A draw should benefit the South Americans, but France has yet to begin to get into gear. Remember 2006.


Had to watch the late match after work, but I really didn't miss much did I? Where Was Ribery? Malouda should have started, not coming off the bench. Uruguay looked like they wanted the draw, but you can't really blame them for being cautious, can you?

Hello 1950?

Well, tomorrow is the big day. England vs. USA! I can't wait! I have to see it! I have to work. But... for those of you feeling sorry that I can't watch it, please text me about the big moments of the game (handballs, offsides, corners, throw-ins, goals, yellow cards, tackles, shots on goal, saves, great dribbles, choice passes, bad calls, free kicks, sendings-off, back passes, and penalties) that would play a factor in the outcome of the match.

Any predictions for the end result between these two teams?

I predict England 1-0 USA. Sadly I don't thin that USMNT will be able to beat England. While I do think that we will get out of Group C to possibly play Germany in the second round, I am realistic that England will be up for this game and will have most of the possession of the ball. USA will demonstrate a strong defensive ethic and try to catch them on the counter, but in the end a persistent England will prevail. That said, I don't think that USA will be walked all over either. It should be a great game. What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment